We’re swiftly approaching the end of week 1, and it has been fantastic to see so much activity in your blogs, on Twitter (#mscedc), and in our first Togethertube tutorial on Tuesday.
Here are a few important points to remember as we wrap up the first week:
- It is important to add a few notes to the individual lifestream items going into your blog. This shows that you’re reflecting on *why* the content is relevant to your thinking. Don’t just add a clip from Terminator 2, add a sentence or two explaining how it relates to your thinking about cybercultures in education.
- Your end of week lifestream summary should reflect on the specific content of your lifestream, rather than being a general reflection on your participation in the course. Tell us about the individual items you’ve added – tweets, videos, images etc. – and how they come together to represent your week’s activity.
- Commenting on each other’s blogs is a really important part of your participation, and gives you the chance to reflect more substantively on course themes (than, say, Twitter), and feeding this into your own lifestream (just make sure to set up an IFTTT applet for that)
- You can also blog, it is not all just about tweets or You Tube videos!
- Think of your lifestream as a canvas for your activity on the web, rather than simply a list of links. In other words, try to make sure that images, videos, or tweets are embedded into your lifestream entries. We want to see as much as we can within your WordPress blog. Any questions about IFTTT, let us know, or ask on Twitter!
Have a great weekend!