4 comments

1. Not trying to start anything competitive between you two but good video James, my favourite so far. I really liked your link to Napier, algorithms and your own studies and the little captions were great 🙂

Thumbs up!
    Eli

2. The obvious subtle humour of this video is not only spot on, it is also a perfect fit for the academic intellectual context of the course. (Sorry for so shamelessly using your videos to analyze the possibilities of video content for educational purposes. Actually, no, not sorry at all.)

3. Thanks for the comments Eli, Dirk. It’s nice to hear that these videos are helpful. I do think they add something beyond a purely text-based welcome, even if they might be a bit less polished: a worthwhile compromise, I think.

Of course, now that we’ve opened the door to our welcome videos being critiqued, that puts real pressure on us to up our game! I’m glad it’s Jeremy’s turn next week. 😉

4. Absolutely echo the comments already left, I didn’t think there would be any ‘laugh out loud’ moments in these videos but this one definitely made me chuckle. It also did a great job of sparking my interest in finding out what we’re going to be doing this week. Loved the closed captions and improvised camera movements!

I must also add that I welcome the change to a weekly focus. With a busy work life and additional studies outside of EDC I found it more difficult to maintain my engagement with the rest of our cohort during the communities block. I’m looking forward to getting back on the pitch this week (and catching up on last week!)