Starting my 10th(!) MOOC this week on Learning Analytics.Fourniers(2014) reading has been especially useful for the ethnography bit #mscedc

from http://twitter.com/Tauraco
via IFTTT

One thought on “Starting my 10th(!) MOOC this week on Learning Analytics.Fourniers(2014) reading has been especially useful for the ethnography bit #mscedc”

1. Having had an early interest in MOOC’s since their first inception (I think my first MOOC was in 2011) I have made a point of enrolling for the actual learning experience in some cases and, in others, merely to see how the content was presented or the platforms used to host it was designed and applied. Of the MOOC’s enrolled for I have, hand on my heart, only fully completed 5 all the way to the final outcomes but I have ever sough the completion certificate as evidence of my participation.

I note that is becoming an increasing phenomenon to see CV’s and employment candidates listing open courses enrollments and completions on their development history. Knowing the subjective value of these courses one wonders how effective this practice is reality in the workplace and whether it will become any more of a differentiatiator in future?